The upcoming changes to the preeminent US vancomycin dosing guidelines have been greatly anticipated by the pharmacy and infectious disease community for some time. The recent draft release of these guidelines has prompted significant discussion by the recommendation supporting a switch from traditional trough serum concentration measurement to an AUC-based dosing strategy.
On July 30th, DoseMe held a webinar “Vancomycin Monitoring Based on AUC: The Implications and Considerations” with Robert Wood Johnson (RWJ) Barnabas Health and parent company Tabula Rasa HealthCare to share RWJ’s experience transitioning from trough-based to AUC-based vancomycin dosing and monitoring.
- Introduction by moderator Orsula Knowlton, PharmD, MBA, President Tabula Rasa HealthCare
- Precision Pharmacotherapy Research and Development Institute by Dr Jacques Turgeon BPharm, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer Tabula Rasa HealthCare
- The Transition from Trough Based to AUC/MIC Based Vancomycin Dosing by Dr Luigi Brunetti, PharmD, A/Prof of Pharmacy Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacy, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset
- Step-by-Step: Trough to AUC by Dr Robert McLeay, PhD Chief Scientific Officer, DoseMe
- Webinar Q&A
Welcome and Introduction
Orsula Knowlton, PharmD, MBA
Precision Pharmacotherapy Research and Development Institute
Dr Jacques Turgeon BPharm, PhD
The Transition from Trough Based to AUC/MIC Based Vancomycin Dosing
A/Prof Luigi Brunetti, PharmD, Clinical Pharmacy, RWJBarnabas Health
Step-by-Step: Trough to AUC
Dr Robert McLeay, PhD
- Mark J. Biagi, , AUC-Based Monitoring of Vancomycin: Closing the Therapeutic Window